In the News
- "Portland Public Schools Developing Culturally Important School Lunch Menu," Maine DOE Newsroom, May 5, 2022.
- "Maine program aims to bring local foods to students' plates," WGME, July 11, 2020.
- "Portland Public Food Fund awards grants to school nutrition projects," Portland Press Herald, December 24, 2019.
- "Fighting food insecurity in Portland schools," by Cameron O'Brien, News Center Maine, April 29, 2019.
- "Portland schools help bridge food gap for students," by Kate Irish Collins, The Forecaster, October 9, 2018.
- "Portland schools, others working to boost participation in food insecurity programs," by Jim Hanna and Xavier Botana, Portland Press Herald, June 5, 2018.
- "Portland Public Schools launch new food fund," WGME, December 18, 2018.
Summer 2020 Charitable Foods Mapping Report
The Charitable Foods Action Group created a map of food distributions around Portland. This map serves as a functional resource for distribution agencies to identify gaps and overlaps in services. A report was created with data from the interactive map, as well as self-reported summary of each organization and their capacity for the duration of the summer. This report will be used to help determine the needs for future food distribution.